- In the workplace, I received a task I knew not how to do. I sat horrified of failing, but not knowing who could help me finish the task. In desperation, I prayed, “Lord help me!” The next moment I saw my fingers typing away doing what I doing know how to do. The Holy Spirit did the work for me! God knows how!
- At home, my husband was installing a ceiling fan. I walked into the room to see how it was going. I noticed a flange was upside down. My pre-Christ self would have pointed it out quickly in order to save time and be more efficient. But now I felt the Lord telling me to hold my tongue and allow my husband the opportunity to discover the upside down item on his own. I reached up, without saying a thing, to hold the unit while he did the wiring. Guess what? He figured out the flange was upside down and fixed it on his own. Had I not yielded to the Spirit, I would have dishonored my husband, robbed him of his manhood and stolen an opportunity for him to grow. God cares about relationships!
- At bedtime, my young son and I read stories. One night I was so tired, I could barely keep my eyes open. So we prayed for God to keep me awake long enough to read to my son. Sure enough God answered that prayer. You see we read the Bible before bed every night no matter what. It’s God’s will for children to know Him. He gave me the strength I needed to accomplish His purpose. God’s strength is like no other!
- Lost things can be frustrating. One very early morning my husband couldn’t find his glasses. We searched the whole house, even in the garage and in the car but still couldn’t find them. As the tension mounted and clocked ticked closer to being late for work, I stopped and asked the Lord to help us find them. No sooner did I finish the prayer, when I saw the glasses appear on the stove! God’s help works!
- When I felt compelled to tithe, my husband wasn’t ready to do so. I started to tithe anyway and setup automatic deduction from my paycheck. As the date approached for the first deduction to show up on my paystub, I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me to tell my husband what I had done. I didn’t want to do. I struggled internally for a bit but finally was obedient. I shared my plan to tithe with my husband and why it was important to show God how much I trust him through tithing. However, he responded as I thought he would, with a big fat “No! It’s not a good time.” So I honored his decision and cancelled the automatic deduction to tithe. Less than one week later, my husband changed his mind and allowed me to start tithing! God’s way is always best!
- Answered prayer is another way Jesus works in me. I have several notebooks filled with prayers and their answers. As I write out my prayers many times the answers come flowing out of my pen! These journals filled with prayers are a treasure trove of God’s faithfulness, his compassion towards me. When I need encouragement I just read a few of these answered prayers and it always makes me smile. God is so precious!
- His word is a directional guide. Not only do I gain wisdom revealed in His word when I make time to read and study it, but He makes sure I get what He intends. When a particular verse stands out to me, I will encounter it three or four times throughout the day, without even trying. It might be sung on the radio. I might read a devotion and discover the verse appears. I might hear it being taught by a radio pastor. These are clear signs He is speaking to me. God is so personal!
There are many more ways Jesus helps me but these I shared because I thought they might be encouraging to you. Can you add to this list? How specifically does Jesus help you? Please add your own comment below.
Let the people praise Him!
© ThinkOnIt Bible Ministries Inc is a 501(c) (3) Public Charity helping you grow in knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.