- He shows us how to handle temptation. Luke 4:1-13 (1)Live by every word of God (2)Worship the Lord your God and Him only (3)Don’t tempt the Lord your God.
- He teaches us He has fulfilled Scripture. Luke 4:16-21 As Jesus read from Isaiah, “He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.””
- He teaches us His words are true. He foretold the future by speaking of what the people wills say when He hangs on the cross. Luke 4:23 “He said to them, “You will surely say this proverb to Me, ‘Physician, heal yourself! Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in Your country.’”
- He shows He has authority and power over demons. Luke 4:36 “ Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, “What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.””
- He has compassion for the sick. Luke 4:38-40 “Now He arose from the synagogue and entered Simon’s house. But Simon’s wife’s mother was sick with a high fever, and they made request of Him concerning her. So He stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. And immediately she arose and served them. When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.”
- He preaches the Kingdom of God where He goes. Luke 4:42-44 “Now when it was day, He departed and went into a deserted place. And the crowd sought Him and came to Him, and tried to keep Him from leaving them; 43 but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.” 44 And He was preaching in the synagogues of Galilee.”
Lord Jesus thank you for showing how to handle temptation, for fulfilling Scripture, for being truthful, for having authority over demons, for caring for the sick, and for preaching the Kingdom of God to us. Thank you for saving us for sin and death and delivering us to your Kingdom. Thank you for eternal life in you. We pray these things in your name, Jesus. Amen.
© ThinkOnIt Bible Ministries Inc is a 501(c) (3) Public Charity helping you grow in knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.